A few days later, mom and I were headed to Shan's house for dinner, and at the exact same spot, there were cars stopping and people standing out in the lawn. I told mom that I wondered if the turtle was back. Sure enough, the turtle was lying in the grass. He wasn't moving and mom was worried he might be dead. I asked her if we should stop to take pictures and we decided to do just that. As we were stopping, a guy took his foot and touched the back of the turtle. He was NOT dead, as the turtle jumped and started walking toward the street.
I flipped a U-Turn and turned on my flashers. There were several people joining the scene, so we weren't the only crazy one taking pictures. Sure enough, it's a snapping turtle, which mom said are super dangerous. They can bite off a finger or break a man's wrist. Mom said once they snap on, they do not let go for a very long time. He had long claws and his tail looks like a dragon's tail. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I took the opportunity to take a picture of Joad (I named him). The guy made sure Joad didn't cross the street and made him head toward the pond instead.
Now, every time I pass the pond, I look for my pet turtle, Joad.
No comments:
Post a Comment