Monday, January 24, 2011

Name Change

Over Christmas, Josh bought me something from ebay.com. I've never bought anything on Ebay, so I didn't have an account. He does, so it was just easier for him to make the purchase and then I paid him back. Because we live a distance apart, he had the package mailed to me.

I eagerly waited for my package to arrive. I checked the mail every single day for a week, and finally. I had a note in my mail box that a package was waiting for me in the Leasing Office. I drove to the office. I ran inside. I asked for my box. I got the box. On the address line it read:
Shiloh Nichols-Martinez

I chuckled out loud. Obviously the girl was a tad confused. She must have seen that Josh Martinez made the purchase, so she assumed Shiloh Nichols was married to Josh Martinez and hyphenated my name. I had a little giggle and carried on with opening the package.

I called Josh later that afternoon to let him know I had received my package. I also told him the story of how the girl thought we were married. He just laughed and laughed and finally admitted that the whole name thing was because he told the girl to put that on the package. He did it for two reasons. One, he thought it would be funny and wanted to see my reaction. But more importantly, since he had made the purchase under his name, he didn't want the girl to think he was being shady by having the package mailed to a different name.

We chuckled about it and continued on with our conversation.

The next day, I went to get my mail again. I about died when I saw what the mail carrier had done. Seeing the package addressed to Shiloh Nichols-Martinez, the mail carrier must have assumed I got married. Therefore, being proactive, he changed the name tag on my box from Nichols to Nichols-Martinez.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So all it took was one letter for the mail carrier to think you got married? You'd think they'd ask or at least look for more evidence.

Holly said...

That's an ambitious mail carrier!

Abby said...

Maybe he knows something we don't...

Desiree Jewell said...

Planning ahead??!?! :)