I can't believe I forgot a very important mystery (or not so much a mystery) from my list!!!
The number one thing you might not know about me?!
I sleep with a stuffed elephant named Gooey. I've had him since at least high school, when my friend Christian Frank found him among my stuffed animals. Chris knew I liked elephants, so he handed the elephant to me and said I should keep him in a special place. Since that time, I've been sleeping with him. He's a little worn, but I adore this animal.
The name comes from a high school crush. I was in love with Deak Long for a very long time in high school, and my friend Hannah had French class with Deak. Deak's French name was Guy in French, which sounds a lot like Gooey. Everyone in class called Deak Gooey. When it came time to name my elephant, Hannah suggested Gooey and it stuck.
Gooey travels with me everywhere I go, except sometimes on the plane. But if it's a road trip, Gooey most certainly gets to tag along. I have a really hard time sleeping without him. It's not the fact that I have to sleep with a stuffed elephant. It's the fact that I wrap my arms around him while I lie on my side, and it is the most comfortable position I can sleep in. Ask to meet Gooey next time you stop by my place. He's gray with pink ears, and oh so cute!
Josh bought me a new elephant for Valentine's Day, so he's joined Gooey and me in the bed. I'm looking for a name for the new one. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
I always did wonder how he got his name.
Post a Comment