Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Flowers!

I showed you back in April about the flowers I planted. They quickly started growing, and they gained about two inches a month since I planted them. However, no flowers were growing. Josh teased me that I had planted corn because that's what my flowers looked like.

Here are some pictures from the end of June. They were about 5 inches tall, but still no flowers.






_________________________________________________


Because of all the rain we've gotten, they have recently shot up to 10 inches! Look how tall they are!



And then JUST THIS MORNING!!! Look, I have a flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





And the other stems are about to bud, too, so I bet by the time they get some sun today, they will all be budding. I am so excited. I will post more pictures as they continue to sprout! My first attempt at growing flowers has been a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some tall skinny flowers - but pretty! :-)
A couple of the pictures make the flower pots look like bathtubs - ha!