I am game manager for all the home games at Chatfield this year. This means that I am in charge of the money, I have to line up all the workers for the game, I have to take care of the referee's, if there is a problem during a game, I am responsible for handling it, I have to play the National Anthem, etc.
There are three doors that lead into the main gym. I am only allowed (per the district) to hire someone to guard two of the doors, so it's a constant battle to keep kids from sneaking in the back door.
Last night during the Volleyball game, it was a constant struggle all night. Baseball practice ended about the same time the Varsity started playing, and I caught about 10 boys trying to sneak in. I stood by the back door myself protecting the area. They were surprised to find me standing there and were ashamed to have snuck in.
I stood at the back door for about 20 minutes but then had to leave it unmanned to take care of a matter. I kept my eye on the door, though, even though I wasn't standing there.
About 10 minutes after I had left, two little freshman boys snuck in. I was quick on the draw, and quickly made my way over to stop them. I confronted them and said, "Boys, you're not allowed to enter unless you pay."
I could see the fear in their eyes. They were so shocked to have gotten caught, and they were embarrassed, too.
Their reply: "We're so sorry, Ma'am. We didn't know, Ma'am. We'll never do it again, Ma'am. We'll leave right now, Ma'am." They quickly ran away.
I almost let them in for free if they promised never to call me Ma'am again!
No comments:
Post a Comment