Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Summer

What an incredible, great, relaxing summer I had! I can't believe my two and a half months is already over, but at the same time, I am ready to head back to work. There is nothing quite like the first few weeks of school. The kids are excited, and it's so much fun getting to know my new students. This year has quite a few promising surprises, so I am ready to take on the year.

I report back to work tomorrow, but I wanted to reflect on my fun summer.

Here's what I did these last three months:

*Had pool day every Thursday with great friends Josh, Liz, Britt, Sarah, Amanda, and Sam.
*Watched Case every Tuesday, which involved playing Go Fish, swimming, movies, and firecrackers.
*Went camping twice.
*Went to the Museum of Nature and Science.
*Went to a Rockies game.
*Went to Lakeside with Case.
*Read so many (great) books.
*Rode over 750 miles on my bike.
*Went mountain biking and survived.
*SAW A BEAR!
*Learned to like Sully, the dog.
*Got a massage.
*Went to Weight Watchers every Tuesday evening with Alicia.
*Saw my very good friend Abby.
*Exercised nearly every day.
*Went to Black Hawk and lost over $100 (well, Josh's money).
*Helped my very good friend April plan her wedding and organized her shower and bachelorette party.
*Went to the Demolition Derby and Adams County Fair and had funnel cake.
*Traveled to Greeley.
*Rode down Vail Pass and then enjoyed lunch and beer with the family.
*Sat on Liz's patio while enjoying cold beer and great conversation.
*Lost multiple games of UNO and Scattegories.
*Saw my friend Hayli, whom I haven't seen in year.
*Celebrated Siahna turning 2 and Case turning 5.
*Rode 150 miles in two hot, grueling days for the MS150.
*Took Siahna to music and watched her play with the other kids.
*Saw my friend Holly.
*Celebrated Josh's 30th birthday.
*Had book club with some school ladies every other Tuesday.
*Had lunch with my friend Katie several times.
*Went to several BBQ's.
*Had two crowns done on my teeth (ouch!).
*Saved money.
*Spent money.
*Got all my doctor check-ups done for the year.
*Had my Nebraska girls visit for Michelle's 30th birthday, and they saw me cross the finish line for the MS150.
*Celebrated Shannon's 36th birthday.
*Had a small reunion with some high school friends.
*Slept in (never later than 8 a.m.).
*Watched hours upon hours of the Olympics.
*Watched the Tour de France every morning for two weeks.
*Cooked and baked.
*Went out to eat.
*Swam with all five of my nieces and nephews.
*Visited Nebraska for April's 30th birthday and witnessed her engagement.
*Asked to be Maid of Honor for April's upcoming October wedding.
*Tried growing cucumbers, tomatoes, and flowers but ended up watering weeds most of the summer.

I'm sure there's more, but there's my summer in a nutshell. I couldn't have fit in more if I tried.

Goodbye, summer. Hello, work.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I like #14 the best. Wish it could happen more! Of course the bear was pretty cool too.

Kari Marie said...

You had a way better summer than me! :-)