Case, Siahna, and I went for a walk last night while Shannon took Jeff out for his birthday dinner. Case was on his scooter, and I was pushing Siahna in the stroller. As we walked down the trail, Case yelled, "Dido, did I ever tell you we saw a snake here once?"
(Why is it snakes have been a topic on my blog far too often in the past month?)
"No, you never told me that. Was it big?"
He proceeded to describe the snake. I was grossed out. "But you know what else we saw that was even grosser?"
My mind went to a giant snake eating a mouse. Or a pile of poop. Or a kid throwing up.
"We once walked by this bench and someone had thrown their trash on the ground. Isn't that gross?!?!"
Good job, buddy. I love that you care about our environment. That certainly is pretty gross.
He continued, "Doesn't that person know that there's a trash can right around the corner? Don't they know that the trash doesn't belong on the ground but goes in the trash? I just don't understand why someone would throw trash on the ground."
Me neither. If a five year old can figure it out, why can't adults?
1 comment:
Nice! I have trained him well.
Post a Comment