Sunday, October 28, 2012

Greeley Food

I really like the town of Greeley. It reminds me a lot of my hometown. It's a little bit bigger than Kearney, but it still has the small town feel and friendly attitudes that make it feel like home. 

Josh always kids me about going back to Kearney. He says, "Are you going there to visit your friends and family, or do you go for all the food?" He says that because there are a ton of restaurants that I love in Kearney that can't be found here in Colorado. So whenever I make a stop in Kearney, I have to make sure to hit: Runza, Amigos, Skeeter Barnes, Eileen's Cookies, Daylight Donuts, and Taco Johns, just to name a few. That's a lot of eating in a short weekend. 

Likewise, Greeley has a few of my favorite places to eat. Josh and I have become "regulars", and while they may not call us by name (yet), our servers definitely know our faces. 

Here's where you'll find Josh and me every other weekend, and here are some MUST eat at places if you ever make a stop in Greeley. 

ROMA PIZZA
Roma's has these amazing Calzones (called Caroli's) that are to die for. They are huge (it covers the entire plate), and they are stuffed full of deliciousness. Josh and I attempted to share one (we did it once), but we quickly decided that 1). they are too good to share, and 2). we're not willing to give up our favorite toppings. Josh gets pepperoni and pineapple. I get pepperoni and jalapenos. Order with a side of ranch to dip (instead of marinara), and you will have heaven in your mouth. Even better yet, Roma's has coupons online for half price Caroli's, so Josh and I both get a calzone for under $10!

THE WING SHACK
If you like wings, then this is the place for you! O.M.G., these wings can't be beat, and believe me, Josh and I have tried to find an equivalent match in or around Littleton and can't find anything that compares to these wings. If you like a little kick, get the Garlic Hot (pictured above). It will get your noise running, but man oh man, they are so good! They are big wings, too, so you'll get your fill of meat, and they slather the sauce on, so it just drips off the wings. Their happy hour special is 24 wings, an order of fries, and a pitcher of beer for only $17.99. This is our favorite place to eat and watch football. 

EILEEN'S COOKIES
This is a favorite in Kearney, too, but if you are in need of a cookie, then this is the place. Their cookies are thick and soft, and there isn't a bad flavor to choose from. My favorites are the Monster Cookie (pictured above), or their sugar cookie. Josh prefers Macadamia Nut. Whatever you choose, you will fall in love with their cookies. 

WINCHELL'S
Anyone who says a donut is just a donut has not had a donut from Winchell's (or Daylight Donuts in Kearney). These donuts are SO YUMMY! Winchell's is directly across the street from Josh's apartment, so it's easy for him to grab us a donut for breakfast. We only eat one each, and we're always sad when it's gone, but it is totally worth the calories. We each get a cake donut with white frosting and sprinkles (middle left). 

And Josh and I wonder why we can't lose weight....... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there is a Roma's and a Daylight Donut up here - come visit!!!!