Monday, December 17, 2012

Girls' Christmas

Every year, my Nebraska girls (Katie, April, Irish, and Michelle) get together to celebrate Christmas. We draw names and then get together for a fun night of laughs, drinks, and games. 

This year was our 10 year anniversary together. We had originally decided to celebrate in Kearney because the girls came to Denver last year. But it just so happened that Katie turned 30 last week, and turning 30 wouldn't be as fabulous without a fun party. It worked out just so that we planned Katie's 30th birthday party for the same weekend as our girls' Christmas. The girls packed up and headed to Denver this past weekend. 

Katie also had a fun, new idea. Rather than draw names for one girl, each girl had a limit of $6 per girl, and the gift was "My Favorite Things." So rather than drawing names, each girl got a $6 gift from everyone! I think we all went over our budget by a few dollars, but look at all the girls' favorite things:

Snickers, PB Cups, Beta fish food (the other girls got dog treats, but I don't have a dog), a handmade coaster with my initial, lip gloss/lipstick in one, a hand-held mirror (because Michelle said, "I'm always looking at myself"), orange nail polish, lavender nail polish, a burned CD (I don't remember what band, but April said it's one of her favorites), a candy cane pen, a purple Sharpie, a very nice black ink pen, Christmas napkins, bubble bath, five different martini flavors, a nail file, a Christmas tin, a bottle of wine, Bobbie pins (with a fancy jewel on the tips), and shimmer lip gloss. April also printed off some wedding pictures for us, and I got a Christmas card and picture from Irish and Katie. 


It was so much fun to get all these fun gifts, and I think this may be our new tradition. 

Here's what I got for my girls: 

A Cranberry Pear candle from Bath and Body Works (my favorite smell!), a pair of feather earrings (my new favorite accessory), homemade Puppy Chow (all of our favorites), homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer with the recipe, and I made each girl a picture frame earring holder. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I made puppy chow for the guys in Jeff's dept. Only the guy from NE had ever heard of it. One guy thought Jeff was literally giving him dog food. We wondered if it was a NE thing?