Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sickie

I am so, so sick.

I am ending week 5 of being sick. And yes, I saw a doctor, who told me there was nothing she could do about it. She tested me for whooping cough and even gave me antibiotics for whooping cough "just in case", but those tests came back negative yesterday. She said I just have to live with the cough until it decides to leave.

Being sick isn't the hard part, though. In the process of coughing for 5 weeks straight, I have severely torn muscles in my rib cage. I have never, ever in my life experienced such pain. I thought I had broken a rib, but my doctor said I only tore muscles and ligaments around the rib cage. She said it can happen in extreme cases of cough such as mine.

I am basically immobile. I can't bend over. I can't breathe without pain. Coughing brings me to tears (and I'm doing that every minute). When I sneeze, I just want to die. And sadly, when I laugh, it makes me cough, which makes me crumble over in extreme pain.

Like I said, I have never been in such pain, even after surgery. I sympathize with anyone who has ever broken a rib or had rib problems.

The doctor said it will probably take weeks for me to feel normal again after tearing these muscles. So right abut the time I'm headed back to school in January......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet girl, I am soooooo sad that you are sick. We will pray for you. Love, Aunt Chrissy