Thursday, September 26, 2013

Katie Bee

My very good friend, Katie C., and I go back a long way. I first remember Katie from college, but Katie remembers me from high school youth group.

It wasn't until my senior year of college, however, that Katie and I became good friends. I graduated a year later and moved to Denver, but our friendship was sealed and no distance could break our bond. I visited Kearney regularly to see my girls (Katie, April, Irish, and McGee), and they would come visit me in Denver once a year.

I was thrilled when Katie decided to move to Denver six years ago. In fact, Katie and I lived together for about six months when she first came here before she got her own place, and then we also worked at Enterprise together.

It was in 2002 when Katie and I began our friendship, and I am so blessed to have her in my life 11 years later. She is a person I can talk to about anything. She knows me very well and still loves me!

So I was absolutely thrilled (ecstatic) when she called me a month after I was engaged to tell me SHE was engaged, too! I couldn't have been more happy for a friend and sweet Katie said, "I hope you don't feel like I'm stealing your thunder." Absolutely not! I am so, so excited to plan a wedding alongside Katie.

Katie and Steve are getting married a month after Josh and me. Katie is in my wedding. I am in Katie's wedding. Katie is getting married outside. I am getting married outside.

Those are about the only similarities, though, as Katie and I have very different visions for our weddings, which just makes it that much more special and exciting. Each wedding will be unique. Each wedding will be fun. Each wedding will have our own personal touch. Each wedding is to the man of our dreams.

Yesterday, Katie and I hung out for the afternoon. We got our toes done, we had dinner, and of course, we talked wedding talk. It was such a special moment for me, and I am so excited for my dear friends Katie and Steve, who make a great couple!

I can't wait to help plan two weddings at the same time, one for me, and one for one of my best friends!

No comments: