And what a wedding it was! I will definitely blog about that very soon (once pictures arrive), but for those who missed it, it was the wedding of 2014. Seriously, everyone said it was the best wedding EVER, and I have to take them at their word. I kinda agree with them! It is definitely my favorite wedding I've ever attended....
But let's rewind a bit and start with Christmas, 2013.
My four best friends and I have been celebrating Christmas together for 11 years, and that's not easy because we don't live very close to one another. Our friend Irish lives in Wyoming (five hours from Denver, eight hours from Kearney), Katie and I live in Denver, and April and McGee live in Kearney. We make it a priority to get together and exchange gifts every year.
This year, it was our turn to go to Wyoming to visit Irish (and she'd just had a baby, so we wanted to meet the newest Kreis member). The four of us girls hopped in a car together for a road trip into nothingness. Of course, we made the most of the long drive and sang and laughed and ate.
Along the way on I-80 going 80 mph, we zoomed past what looked like a dead body in the median of the interstate. Since we were going too fast to determined what it was we saw, we decided to turn around for a second look. Well, the next exit was 10 miles up the road, so we drove 10 miles, exited, turned around, drove 12 miles back the opposite direction, exited, turned around again, and stopped on the side of the interstate next to the dead body.
Once we pulled over, there was no doubt in our minds that it was a dead body. I said, "We need to call the police." McGee and April said, "We need to check it out before calling the police. We don't want to look like fools."
So, McGee and April hopped out of the car, dashed across the interstate into the median, and made a slow approach to the dead body.
Katie and I sat in the car while cars and trucks wizzed by us. The car shook every time someone zoomed by. Katie snapped pictures. I kept saying, "We need to call the police. We need to call the police." Katie claims I was crying, but I swear I wasn't.
Does that not look like a body, or what? We assumed someone had wrapped the dead body in a sheet, dumped it on the interstate, and drove away.
Only McGee and April were brave enough to check it out.
McGee walked up the body, and using the tip of her toe, she nudged it.
Turns out, it was just a sheet. No dead body on this road trip!
I will say, however, that that was an adrenaline rush for all of us!
We continued on our way and made it to Wyoming that afternoon with no other exciting events to speak of.
We spent the next two days with Irish and her adorable family. We ate, we drank, we opened presents, we did crafts together, and more than anything, enjoyed each other's company.
Here are a few pictures from our time in Wyoming:
We did crafts.
Man, I love these girls!




No comments:
Post a Comment