Over the summer, my senior students had to read a book, A Year of Living Biblically. First of all, I LOVED this book and highly recommend it. It was one of my favorite books I read all summer. It's a hilarious journey of a man who decides to live the Bible literally for one year.
There is a chapter in the book that talks about women and their monthly cycle. In Biblical times, men could not touch their husband during their cycle and for a week after their cycle because they were considered unclean.
Once school start, my students had to write an essay. One student wrote the following:
Another reason Jacobs had to interpret the symbolic meaning is that women used to be not very cleansed. They used to be very dirty and back then it was acceptable to not please your wife for 30 days. Now a days woman are very clean and will usually get what they want. If Jacobs had to follow what the Bible says he would probably not have a woman around in his life.
I was cracking up as I read this. There are so many things wrong with this paragraph that I don't even know where to begin, but what really made me laugh was, "Now a days woman are very clean and will usually get what they want."
No comments:
Post a Comment