Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Farm

I got yelled at via text today by my Aunt Janelle for not blogging about this sooner. I didn't even know you could get yelled at via text until I got this one: What??? No blog on THE weekend?????

She's talking about two weekends ago when we headed to NE to celebrate my grandparents 65th Wedding Anniversary. Pretty darn cool, if you ask me. Read Shan's blog to hear some cool stories from their marriage: G-rents.

These are two of the coolest people I have ever met, and anyone who meets them says the same thing. Grandpa is 89 and still going strong. Grandma is 88, and she's just about as precious as any person can be. They are fabulous, and I am lucky to have them as my grandparents.My dad's parents have been married for at least 60 years, so we have a great example of what a good marriage looks like. Above is Grandma Van Kloepping, Grandpa Bill Kloepping and me. Below is Grandpa Leon Nichols, Grandma Reva Nichols and me. People say I look just like Grandma Reva.
On that Saturday, we had family pictures and then mom, Aunt Lisa, Aunt Janelle and Uncle Doug (my grandparents children) threw a fabulous open house for my grandparents. They sure are popular! Before the party, they got over 100 cards in the mail. At the party, they got at least 100 more. After the open house, we had dinner together as a family.

And after dinner, unbeknown to Grandma, a few of us stayed at the bar to have a drink or two (or 10) and play shuffle board. It was by far one of the funnest nights I've had in a long time. Here, Aunt Janelle (who I keep thinking is my mom because they look so much alike) and Katie are showing us their dance moves.

Me and Katie
(Don't judge my hair-it had been a long day and a few drinks)

Aunt Janelle, Me and Katie

Me and Uncle Bobby
(He and his family came from Phoenix for the weekend)

Me and Uncle Jimbo
(Aunt Lisa's husband-they live in Thornton)

Collin and Me

Aunt Janelle and Me

The next day, we headed out to the farm. My grandparents have lived in this house over 50 years, so my mom and all her siblings grew up in this house. It's tiny, tiny, and it still amazes me that six people functioned in the house, but it sure did bring back a lot of memories being there.


Grandpa Bill got out the tractor and took us all for a ride. Case and Kye were first. They even got to steer.

Then Carson got to go.


Then I took a ride. Thanks Grandpa Bill. The kids will remember that for a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually - dad was born in the farm house and other than a couple of years at the beginning of the marriage - they have lived in the house .... just to let you know :-)
Great pictures
It was a fun weekend!

Kari said...

What is up with your hair? :-)

And I also agree that Katie and Britt look a lot alike!!

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

Thanks for posting the pics, Shiloh! Wish we could have been there!