In my short year and a half of teaching, I have taught some pretty amazing students. I am pretty convinced that I may have taught a future president or an Olympic soon-to-be. Seriously.
I have not, up until this semester, had any students who concerned me. I have that student now. Not only does he concern me, but he actually makes me nervous and a little scared at times.
I have even been warned by his previous English teacher to watch out for him because he is a bit disturbed. She warned me that some of his papers may alert some red flags.
I stayed late last night to grade some essays. I was sitting alone in my room and came upon this boy's essay. It brought chills to my bones and I wanted to throw up.
I just got administration involved. This move, as much as it HAD to be done, actually makes me MORE nervous. I am concerned about how this kid is going to react when the principal calls him into the office to talk about his paper.
Basically, this essay talks about how much he hates his dad. OK, fair enough. Most teenagers probably have some strong feelings regarding their parents. However, he goes on to say that he plans on "taking care" of his father and stepmother as soon as the time allows. He also goes on to say that his father made him go to counseling and all counselors are whacked out. Again, fair enough. Then he proceeds to say that he's going to "take care" of all the counselors he's ever met as soon as the time allows. The F BOMB is littered throughout his paper, it is full of rage and hatred, and it is basically threatening some very specific people.
I am nervous to see what happens with this one.
1 comment:
Yikes! That is disturbing.
Post a Comment