I'm here. I'm back. I've alive. I'm breathing.
I've had a lot going on. Here's a quick update:
1. I interviewed on Monday for a job at Gateway High School. About three minutes before I left for the interview, my principal at Chatfield called me into his office and offered me a part time position at Chatfield. While he rambled on about "I know it's not the ideal situation, but at least part time is better than nothing," I became a blobbering idiot and let a few tears shed right before his eyes. I got myself under control enough to say that I was neither going to decline nor accept the offer until I heard from Gateway.
2. By the time I got to my car, I was shaking so badly I had to take a few moments to calm down. Why did he have to offer me a position at my dream school right before an interview/job that I NEED?
3. I started my hour drive toward Gateway only to find that the wind was blowing sooooo badly that I almost got blown off the interstate. Not even kidding. I mean, how am I to text people when I need to have both hands on the steering wheel to stay on the road?
4. I successfully completed my interview (with a full bladder, I might add). I felt good about everything and left satisfied that I had done my best.
5. I checked with my references on Tuesday. NOTHING. Wednesday. NOTHING. Thursday. NOTHING. And then I got an email today stating that I DID NOT get the job. It's rather a long story, but I basically tied for first place. They liked me. They wanted me. They were torn. However, the lady who they offered the job to has training in ELL (English Language Learners). ELL students do not speak English as their primary language, so they offered the job to the lady who has taught ELL students before. If I had more experience in that, they would have offered me the job.
6. However, the department chair who I interviewed with actually resigned today because she got an AP job at an elementary school. Therefore, her position is now open at Gateway, and they want me to interview for her job. She wants to personally meet with me so she can guide me through some of the interview questions so I can rock the new interview committee.
7. In the meantime, I think I am going to accept the part time position at Chatfield so I am guaranteed at least that. If I do get the new job at Gateway, then I will resign at Chatfield.
2 comments:
Praying it will all work out!!
Can't wait to hear what GOD does on your behalf!!!! Love you Sweetie!!! Aunt Chrissy
Post a Comment