Kari and I just finished our FOURTH year of the MS 150 (Collin completed his third year). What started out as just Kari and me four years ago, we welcomed 13 other members to join the team this year! Team Saddle Soar also had our very own jerseys this year, sponsored by Cross Country Pipeline, who paid the majority of the costs of the jerseys. We were an official team, and our team and jerseys were a hit. Throughout the entire ride, we had people calling out our team name and encouraging us along the way. It was great to be recognized, and it was also awesome to be able to spot our team along the way.
Overall, this was a great year of riding. We had good laughs, good music, and as always, good memories were made. We are honored to be able to ride to help raise money for a cure for MS. The MS Society does an amazing job putting this event together, and team Saddle Soar raised over $13,000 this year! WOW!!! My words cannot thank you enough for your support and prayers.
Here's our journey in pictures.
Team Saddle Soar

Saddle Soar getting ready to begin our first day of riding.

Lunch on day one.
All of our team (except for two) at the top of Horse Tooth Reservoir (the toughest climb of the ride). We had to stop to enjoy the beauty and admire our long climb.


Collin helped me through day one and road with me most of the way. We had a good time chatting, and he was my encouragement through some tough hills.
Sonya, Michelle, Kari and me
Team Captains! We are so blessed to see our team grow.
Everyone but Collin.
My parents are a great support, both financially and physically. They woke up bright and early on day one to help us at the start line. They were at the finish line in Fort Collins, and they also were there to cheer us through the finish line on day two. Of course, my dad is the reason Collin and I ride.
I am blessed to have him as my father, and I am honored that I am able to ride for my dad.
Collin and dad.

Mom and dad were there to cheer us through the finish line on day one.
Collin coming through the finish line.
The one and only picture of me coming through the finish line (on the left).
What proved to be a tough day of riding on day two for me (I was very sick through the day and several days afterwards), it was all worth the rough day as I came through the finish line. Josh was there to greet me, and I was so happy to have his strong arms carry my bike when I physically couldn't do so.
And look at my so very needed support team. This entire group was there to greet Collin and me at the end, and I was overwhelmed to see such love and support from those closest to us.
Here's who was at the finish line:
Mom and dad
Shan, Jeff, Case and Siahna
Katie, Carson, Kye and Corinne
Mark and Nancy (Katie's parents)
Lisa and Jimbo (my aunt and uncle who live in Thornton-my mom's sister)
Jan and Dallas (my aunt and uncle who drove from Nebraska to be there-my dad's brother)
Josh
These people stood in the heat to cheer us on, and it was a welcomed sight to see these faces at the end.
And my blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't thank my donors (my very generous donors). As mentioned, our team raised over $13,000, which all goes to help find a cure for MS. Thank you to my family and friends who gave way MORE than excepted. I was brought to tears every time I got a donation, and there's no way I will ever be able to repay those who donated financially.
My donors:
Linda Lauer (a teacher friend from Chatfield)
Desiree Jewel (a friend I met a year ago who has been such a sweet new friend)
Kristi Andrews (a friend from Kearney)
Anne Nyffeler (a friend from Kearney)
Lindsey Miller (a friend I graduated high school with)
Shan and Jeff Anderson (who generously donated to both Collin and me)
Doug and Barb Kloepping (my mom's brother and his wife who donated to both Collin and me)
Mark and Nancy Habegger (Katie's parents who generously donated to both Collin and me)
Abby and Corey Bevan (my dear friend who generously donated to both Kari and me)
Dallas and Jan Nichols (my aunt and uncle from NE who donated to both Collin and me)
Jeff and Rosann Nichols (my cousins who generously donated to both Collin and me)
Doug and Sally Nichols (who generously donated to both Collin and me, and also donated a lot of time and energy to help us along the way).
Here's to finding a cure for MS in the near future!
1 comment:
I am so proud of you guys Shiloh! What an amazing adventure and the pic of your entire family at the end is WONDERFUL! I know this must mean the world to your Dad! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment