Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easy Craft

Three weeks ago, someone from my apartment complex moved. Alongside moving, they decided to downsize by throwing some very nice stuff into the dumpsters. While dumping my trash, Josh noticed some unused plastic bins and a brand new bulletin board propped up against the trash bin. He appeared back in my apartment with these "gifts" for me.



I immediately thought of a craft project for the bulletin board, and here's the finished project.

I took some fabric I already had (made throw pillows with the fabric last summer) and wrapped the bulletin board. I then took ribbon I already had and made the triangles. I found buttons and flowers I owned and added a few special touches. I LOVE it. I put it in my kitchen so I can hang cards and pictures that I currently have on my fridge. My next project is to make a curtain for my bedroom, which will hopefully keep out some of the heat this summer.