Thursday, March 28, 2013

Snow Day

My Spring Break has been so fabulous that it gets more than one post! I also have lots and lots of pictures.

My break officially began on Friday at 2:27 p.m. To back up, though, my friend Liz picked me up Friday morning and we drove to school together. Josh was at my place on Friday, and he wanted to dog-sit Sully for the day, so Liz dropped Sully off early Friday morning, and we drove to work together. We grabbed Starbucks on the way, of course, and then Liz drove me home after school and stayed to watch a little bit of basketball with Josh while I made dinner.

Josh and I had an early dinner because I had a Lacrosse game Friday night. Boy was it cold. A cold front was coming our way, and it was windy and so, so cold. My poor LAX girls could barely play due to the cold and wind, and I was a frozen coach when the game was over. (Why, oh why, did I choose to coach a Spring sport?!). Sadly, my girls lost, and that just dampened an already dreary evening. By the end of the game, the snow was starting to fall, so Josh and I went home and started a fire. I was cold the rest of the night.

By Saturday, Denver was covered in snow! It snowed all day, and the wind blew and blew. It was pretty nasty outside, so that ruined our plans of visiting Josh's family for the day. We opted to stay by the fire all day, and we drove to Greeley on Sunday. Denver got around 8-12 inches (I never heard the final number, but it was a lot).

I left for Nebraska Monday, and more stories will follow. :)

No comments: