Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MS 150-2013

I finished my sixth year of riding in the MS 150, and it was by far my easiest, best year! My hard training really paid off this year (I've ridden 680 miles so far to date), and I rode like I've never ridden before. I felt great, which just makes the entire weekend so much fun and worth the cause (there have been a few years when I was terribly out of shape and just wanted to give up). 

Thank you to some very generous donations, I hit my goal if raising over $1,000. Overall, Team Saddle Soar raised over $9,000, which is incredible. Here are a few pictures from that weekend. 
 Team Captains, Kari and me
 My little bro, kicking my butt all 150 miles!
 Team Saddle Soar 2013
Kari, Shiloh, Adam, Collin, Dean
Michelle, Sarah, Sonya
(from left to right, back row to front row)
 Our sweet team jersey we had made a few years ago.

 This is our team right before we started climbing Horsetooth Reservoir near Fort Collins. It's the hardest part of the entire ride. 
 It was raining at the start of day two, but the rain quickly stopped. 
 Isn't he cute?
 My parents, who provide so much support throughout the weekend. I ride for my father, who was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago. 
 Six years of making it to the finish line!
 We all rode in together! It was so neat. 


 Shannon, interested in joining us next year? :)