Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is nearly one of the best days of the year. In two short (but oh so very long) hours, I will get a much deserved, much needed NINE day vacation. Two more class periods to go. I am more excited than my students; trust me, I am.

One of the perks of my job.

One of the reasons why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

One of the only ways I will survive until Christmas break.

For my non-teacher friends and family, you might be jealous of my long nine day break. I would be, too. I need you to trust me, though, that without this break, I (and all teachers, really) would end up killing a student, AND the students would riot against me (and again, riot against ALL teachers). It has been a very, very, very (yes, three very's) long semester; unlike most school districts, we at Jefferson County do not have a fall break, so we have gone from September 3 until now without a break (and if you're not a teacher, don't you dare say, "Oh, poor baby," until you stand in my shoes for a day to see what it is like being a teacher. And I dare you to come on a Wednesday where I begin my day with a meeting full of some not very nice people).

Anyway, I understand that most people do not get an entire week off for Thanksgiving, and again I point to "One of the perks of my job." I am so thankful for this break.

On the agenda for the week:

Fish sit for Shan and Jeff's fish, Bob
UNC/CSU boys basketball game tonight in Fort Collins
UNC football game tomorrow in Greeley
Watch NE football twice!
Watch the Broncos twice!
Sleep
Eat (Thanksgiving meal is my favorite!)
Sit by the fire
Shop
Hang out with Josh

And grade research papers. Ugh. I collected 90 research papers today, and my goal is to grade five a day.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your much needed break, whether it be one day or several days. I am thankful for you, my faithful blog readers and friends!


No comments: