Monday and Tuesday of this week were in-service days for us teachers. Students start back tomorrow, and I am excited to see them again.
The past two days have been full of meeting after meeting. We got a total of 1.5 hours in our classroom to get ready for 150 kids tomorrow, and the rest of the 10 plus hours were spent in meetings.
Yesterday, one of our meetings had a little quiz. Like a good student, I took the quiz and waited patiently for everyone else to finish. I decided to doodle on the page, so I flipped it to the backside and practiced writing my new name.
In large print, I wrote out Shiloh J. Martinez is a pretty cursive and drew hearts all around. No one was going to see my doodles, so I didn't care too much.
After everyone finished the quiz, we spent the rest of the hour long class discussing our answers in groups. At the end of the hour, the assistant principal who was leading the class collected our papers!!!
As he collected my paper, I giggled and said, "This is kind of embarrassing, Chad. I was doodling my new name on the back. I didn't know you were going to collect our work." We both chuckled, he teased me a bit, and I got red in the face.
Today, I stopped into a friend's room to say hi and she said, "I hear you were practicing your new name yesterday in class."
What?!?! "How did you know that???"
"Chad told the class today that you were doodling your new name."
O.M.G.
Practically the entire school knows.
I'm so embarrassed.
No comments:
Post a Comment