Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Grandpa Bill

In February, my precious Grandpa Bill became very sick. He was diagnosed with Leukemia and given just a few weeks to live.

Of course, we wanted to see him before he passed away, so Shan, Jeff, Case, Siahna, Josh, and I loaded up the car and took off to Lexington. We arrived Thursday evening, and Grandpa was sitting up and talking to everyone. He had slept most of the day, but he woke up right before we arrived to eat dinner. We got to spend about an hour with him before he fell back to sleep. What was most special to all of us was he knew us all by name, even Josh.

Before Grandpa fell back asleep, he was willing to take a few pictures.

 
Once he fell asleep on Thursday night, he barely woke up again. He passed away Saturday morning around 3 a.m. with Grandma by his side holding his hand. He woke up before passing away and asked for Grandma. She didn't leave his side the entire time.

My sister was able to speak at his funeral, and I encourage you to read her words here: Grandpa Bill. She captured his life so well in her words.

I miss Grandpa so very much. He is the greatest man I have ever known, and I sure do miss him.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You need to stop making me cry!