Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throw Back to High School

A few days after the Tri-City Storm hockey game, I was able to spend a couple of hours with three girls I graduated high school with. Between the four of us (and I don't count, so between the three of them...), they have 14 kids!!!! Geesh.
Hannah, on the left, is my very best friend growing up. She and I did EVERYTHING together. We're only four days apart, and we've known each other since we were born. People thought we were twins. Hannah and Kelley (high school sweethearts) used to live in Oregon, so when I did my exchange program in Oregon, I lived with Hannah and Kelley for a year. They have three biological children, two foster kids, and two adopted kids.

Rachel, in the purple shirt, became very good friends with me in high school. Her husband is in the Army and has spent the last year in Afghanistan as an Army Chaplain. Rachel, in the meantime, moved the family to upstate New York with three children (which includes twins). About a month ago, she had another baby, so she has lived in New York all by herself for a year with four children under the age of four. (To explain the math, Rachel's children are all adopted. So yes, Rachel's husband has been gone for a year, and that explains how she had a baby a month ago....).

Tiffany, in black, is a dear friend from high school. She and I spent a lot of time together (well, all four of us spent a lot of time together, but Tiffany and I had a special bond). Tiffany's husband is her high school sweetheart, so I know him quite well. Nate has been in med-school, so Tiffany has spent the last several years moving from state to state as she follows Nate through his internships and residencies. She is a stay at home mom of three, but has also been working on her Masters (before being a stay at home mom, Tiffany taught high school social studies). They recently moved from MN back to Nebraska and are there to say. Nate got a job in Grand Island.

As you can see, these are three pretty incredible woman, and we try to get together every year to see one another. Since we live so far apart (New York, Rochester, Kearney, and Denver), it's not always easy, but these are three special people I am honored to call friends.

No comments: