Monday, August 11, 2014

T-Shirts and Ice Cream

And then Lacrosse started in March.

I can assure you that the months of February, March, April, and May were sooooo busy for me, but I survived!

I decided since I finally had a place large enough to have company, my first set of guests would be my lacrosse team.

Crazy, I know.

I first asked our Athletic Director if it would be okay for me to invite the team over for dinner. He said it would be fine.

The next day, I asked my team if they had any interest in coming over. They were beyond thrilled. I knew I couldn't afford to feed them all dinner, but I would afford to feed them ice cream, so we had an ice cream social complete with ice cream (duh), homemade magic chocolate, nuts, fruit, whip cream, and cherries. I also made brownies, and the girls were in heaven.

The girls had also decided they wanted to decorate shirts for the season, so we set up shop in my garage and spent the next two hours giggling and designing some fun shirts. I put tarps down in the garage, and it was the perfect workshop.

My neighbors were thrilled when 14 high school girls finally went home.









I hope to make this a yearly tradition. And so far, none of my girls has egged or papered my place!

No comments: