There really hasn't been anything to update you on this past week, but I wanted to say hi and let you know I'm around. HI!
I started summer school and working at Enterprise this week. Summer school goes from 7-12 every day and then I go to Enterprise from 1-6. It makes for a long day and a long week. Now that I'm a teacher, everyone says, "So, what are you doing with your free summer?" To which I reply, "Actually, I'm working 50 hours a week (more than I work during the school year)." Then I have to explain that I'm not actually getting paid this summer because I don't start my official teaching job until August. NEXT summer I will get a paycheck for not working, but this summer, if I don't work, I don't get paid.
Hence summer school and Enterprise.
I was nervous about re-starting at Enterprise. Even though I had worked there for 4 1/2 years, I was afraid I wouldn't remember everything, but I guess it's kind of like riding a bike. This past week was actually fun, and the people I work with are great. They welcomed me with open arms and are thankful for the extra help and thankful they don't have to train me. Since I'm not a manager anymore, I really don't have any stress while there (which is a big reason why I didn't like it), so my five hours at Enterprise are quiet enjoyable.
My students at summer school are pretty cool. They, of course, don't want to be there, so participation has been less than par, but I'm one week down and five more to go.
I'm actually looking forward to the start of school in August so I can start my normal routine again (and be done with teaching by 3pm). This working until 6pm sucks!
The MS150 is two weeks away, so I'm down to crunch time. I rode about 30 miles today with some friends, which Shannon reminded me, "That's not even close to 75 miles." Thanks, Shan! It's going to be a tough ride, but I am confident I will be ready to go.
Last but not least, my graduation from grad school is this next weekend, so I have friends coming from NE and lots of family coming to Denver. I can't wait. I will post pictures and an update as soon as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment