I wanted to Congratulate my fellow classmates on getting a job. There are four of us that are really close: Courtney, Rich, Rob and me. We have dinner together once a month, and we constantly stay in touch via email, texts and phone calls.
I am happy to say that all four of us got jobs!
Rob is going to be teaching engineering and math at Castle View High School in Douglas County. He previously worked for IBM in his former life as a rocket scientist (literally). He's a brilliant guy who is going to be a GREAT teacher. Any student will be lucky to have him, as he's not only smart but he's funny, too. He's clever, kind and a great encourager. Maybe I would have liked physics in high school if I had Mr. Hazelhurst as my teacher.
Courtney is going to be teaching accounting and business at Gateway High School in the Aurora Public School District. The students love Mrs. Tanguma, or Mrs. T as she is called. She is able to connect with students within moments of meeting them, and while she can be tough, it's a tough love. The diversity of students at Gateway is right up her alley, and she will do an incredible job teaching our future business leaders.
Rich was just offered a job yesterday at Rangeview High School in the Aurora Public School District. He will also be teaching business. He speaks Spanish and is certified to teach Spanish, so there's also the possibility that he will eventually teach that as well. The kids will love Rich. He's funny and likes to tell jokes. His ability to speak Spanish will also help him connect with the students.
I am so proud of my fellow teacher friends. They are all going to be loved by their students. It's a big responsibility to be a teacher, and I have no doubt that my friends will make a big impact.
I'll post pictures from our graduation soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment