The Shi-Low Down
I told you about the Bitter Ball last week, so I wanted to update you. Yes, there's an update! To refresh your memory, Britt and I met two guys there. Britt and Mr. Teacher hit it off, and he asked for her phone number.She gladly gave it to him. Mr. Engineer took a liking to me and asked for my phone number. I gave it to him, and then as he went in for a hug, I high-fived him. I wasn't feeling it with him. He was a nice enough guy, but I knew there was no spark there, and I wanted to send that message to him. He must have gotten the hint because I did not hear from him last week. Phew!
However, Britt did hear from Mr. Teacher. She was thrilled this past week when he called, and they set up a date for Thursday. He was even super sick, but he liked her so much he wanted to see her despite his sickness. They had a fantastic date, and she called me on her way home from the date to fill me in on all the details.
Friday after school, Britt came over for a bit to avoid rush hour traffic. She left my house right around 7, and as she was pulling out, Mr. Teacher asked her if she and I wanted to meet up with him and Mr. Engineer for an app and drinks. OF COURSE she did, so she quickly turned around to pick me up.
We met at a fun dive bar in Englewood. Mr. Engineer was happy to see me, and Mr. Teacher was happy to see Britt. :) We had a fabulous time at the bar, and they even paid for everything. Around 11, we went back to their place to play Rock Band, Mario Cart, Wii Bowling, and Foosball. We were at their house for hours, and again, they were perfect gentlemen. Mr. Teacher is adorable and funny, so I can totally see why Britt likes him. Britt is adorable and funny, so I can TOTALLY see why Mr. Teacher likes her.
Around 2 a.m., my old body couldn't handle the sleepiness. You can tell when I'm tired! Ask Kari. Hahaha. My hair becomes a screaming mess, I can't open my eyes, and my makeup is smeared all over my face. I'm quite the sight at 2 a.m. I knew from subtle hints that Mr. Engineer had taken a liking to me. He was very sweet all night long, so I was kind of dreading the goodbye part of the night.
He went in for a hug, which was fine. I hugged him back. He then caught me off guard by asking if he could call me. I'm kicking myself for not being prepared with a, "Look, you're really nice, but I think we should just be friends," (the dreaded two words: nice and friends). Instead I said, "Ummm, OK. Sounds good." I hugged him and quickly headed toward the door as he said, "A hug is all I get?" I pretended like I didn't hear him and shut the door behind me. Hahahaha.
Perhaps he got the hint yet again, or perhaps he'll call and ask me out. If he does call, I see myself having an awkward situation and breaking his heart. :(
In the meantime, Mr. Teacher has been very good about calling/texting Britt all weekend. I hope there's a lasting connection because I know the $12 ticket to Bitter Ball will have been her best purchase EVER :)
Even though I know love is not in the air for Mr. Engineer and me, I hope we remain friends. He really is a good guy, but I'm just not into him. I would, however, like to spend more time with him, Mr. Teacher and Britt.
Here's to love! Here's to friends! Here's to Bitter Ball, 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment