Britt and I had a big day on Tuesday. She's off for Spring Break, so I decided to take the day off so we could spend some time together. We first went and got a tattoo. Just something we do on random Tuesdays. We had BIGGER plans for that night: JOHN MAYER concert. Britt won the tickets through Alice 105.9 in November by calling into the station and telling a story to Slacker and Steve. Her story was
sooooo amazing that they gave her the tickets. So, we've been planning this day for four months.
Britt had given me one job for the day: remind her to bring the tickets. About half way to my house, which is a 45 minute drive, she realized the tickets were still on her shelf at home, so after our tattoos, we drove back to Parker to get the tickets. We made a short detour to Park Meadows Mall (what's a girls day out without a little shopping) and then made a delicious, healthy dinner for the two of us and
Shan and Case.
As we were making dinner, the rain turned into snow. Within an hour, there was several inches of snow on the ground. My aching foot from the tattoo needed some breathing room, so I figured I could venture out with some open flats on. WRONG! Luckily, I had a spare set of boots in my car, so I quickly changed into them (with a little moaning and groaning from the pain). From the time it took us to get out of car, buy tickets for the
lightrail, and wait about five minutes for the train, we were SOAKED. We were both dripping and not in a very good mood.

You can see the snow falling in the background. Britt has pictures of me with my head full of snow, so I'll post those as soon as I get them. Upon arrival at the Pepsi Center, we soon forgot about being soaked and enjoyed a fabulous (FREE) concert. We sat by two really cool people, so we had a good time with them.

The opening band was Michael
Franti and Spearhead. They were FANTASTIC! I liked it so much I want to buy his CD. Between sets, I received the call I had been waiting for all night. "This is Jefferson County School District. School has been cancelled for tomorrow." You have no idea how happy I was to hear that call (I had been debating about calling in a sub for the following day because I knew the concert was going to make for a late night. Mother nature took care of that for me).

John Mayer was amazing. For as many dumb things that come out of his mouth, he is equally talented. He really did put on a fabulous show.


After the concert, we ventured out to almost a foot of snow on the ground. We had to wait for the
lightrail, but we finally made it back into
Littleton around 1am. Again, thank you God for the snow day the following day. Britt spent the night with me, as her little tiny car wouldn't have made it home that night. We slept in the next morning, made breakfast, made lunch, made brownies, watched The Blind Side, ate popcorn...You get the idea. I was thankful to spend part of her Spring Break with her! Love ya, Britt!
No comments:
Post a Comment