Some things from my life lately:
I had the most fabulous birthday, and I will post pictures soon. Since I wasn't able to have a 21st birthday like most people do (because of 9/11), I made it up by throwing myself a Nerdy, Dirty, and Flirty themed party. It was by far the best birthday I have ever had, and most of my favorite people were there to celebrate with me. I am now officially 30, which I guess feels the same as 29, but still....I'm 30.
I am going to Vegas (again) this weekend with Shan, Jeff, Holly, Vali and Nate. Jeff's birthday is next week (I won't mention his age), so a few of us are going to celebrate his birthday. I still need to post pictures from my last trip there in July.
I saw The Zac Brown Band this past weekend at Red Rocks. Again, pictures to come. It was a decent show all around, and while I have a few complaints from the evening, I can honestly tell you that Zac Brown has the best voice I have ever heard, he's a cutie, and I fell in love with him. I decided to do some research last night to find out how I might help him fall in love with me, and I discovered (to my horror) that he's married with three girls. Sigh. Story of my life.
I adore my apartment. I definitely miss Shan, Jeff, Case and Siahna, but I really enjoy coming home from work, stripping down to my PJ's and doing whatever I do (ie: cooking, baking, watching TV, surfing the web, etc). I love the quietness. I also love having all my stuff out of storage and enjoying what I have.
Shan and crew usually have me over for dinner about once a week, which I look forward to. Case always wants to play because he misses his aunt Dido. The other night, he got teary eyed as I left the place and asked me to spend the night in his bed. He's just too cute.
I have been working a lot. Yes, I have my regular 40 hour a week job, but I've also been working Saturdays at Enterprise, and I've been working volleyball games and gymnastic meets at the school on week nights. I often don't get home until 8 or 9 pm (about two nights a week), but I enjoy watching my students play their sports.
All summer, my bulletin board was covered with plane tickets, concert tickets and wedding invitations. It has now dwindled down to just one wedding invitation left for the year, and I am actually in the wedding. Ben and Lindsey get married next weekend. I am a bridesmaid and Collin is a groomsman, and it should be a really good time.
I think that's all for now. From this post I have realized that I have a lot of pictures to post. Once I'm back from Vegas, I'll work on sharing those with you.
For now, God bless!
1 comment:
Great updates!! I feel like the season is finally slowing down and I love it. Don't get me wrong, the events are fun to anticipate, but it's nice to have more impromptu gatherings!
Post a Comment