Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In the Kitchen

I was so very blessed to be able to spend part of my spring break with my dear friend, Abby. Originally, she was thinking of flying to Denver. However, with a new baby and all the luggage she'd have to bring, it was going to be more of a hassle than a fun trip. So, she called me and invited me to make a visit. It was a pretty low-key, relaxing, much needed trip. I'll fill you in via pictures, and here's my first post.

Abby is a fabulous cook. She tends to make things from scratch. I love to cook, as well, so we decided to spend a day in the kitchen to see what we could cook up. We decided on homemade grilled pizzas. We started around 4 p.m., ate around 7:30, and had the place cleaned up by 8:30. Here's our afternoon: You can't cook without cute aprons!

Or without having a little fun with a pineapple and knife.


Abby made homemade Alfredo sauce. So good!


I whipped up the most amazing marinara sauce. So much better than store bought!


Next came the dough, from scratch, of course!

Once the dough rose, Abby rolled out our pizza.

The longest part was cutting up all our toppings, which included:

peppers, onions, olives, chicken, pepperoni, hamburger, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, artichokes, and jalapenos. We made four different pizzas.

It took both of us to grill the dough and then quickly put the toppings on without losing all the heat in the grill.

Abby made this fabulous salad as a side dish.


And wine, of course.




Our final projects:

One pepperoni and jalapeno with marinara.

One hamburger, mushroom, and onion with marinara.

One Canadian bacon, mushroom, onions and peppers with Alfredo sauce.

One chicken, black olives, onions, artichokes, and mushrooms with Alfredo sauce.





And we topped it off with homemade Baby Lava Cakes. The middle oozed out chocolate when you cut into it, and it was so moist and delicious.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like Abby needs a Pampered Chef pineapple cutter. That knife looks dangerous!

Brandi C said...

Looks DELISH!!!!!

Abby said...

Thanks Shi for the post. I haven't had time to write yet - maybe I'll just link over to you! I've been craving homemade pizza this week again.

I didn't even know they made such a thing as a pineapple cutter. How cool PC!

Shi Town said...

Abbs, I meant to link all of the recipes on this blog, but then I couldn't remember the blog we found them on. If anyone wants the recipes, let me know and I'll find the link. The marinara was to die for.

Josh and I use dthe same recipes and made calzones, which were also SO GOOD!