The big weekend is finally here. I am really looking forward to riding this year for several reasons:
1. We have our own team jersey, which is really sweet. I picked them up yesterday, and I can't wait to hand them out to the team and see us all united as one.
2. We're a team of 15 riders this year, up from 8 members last year. Watch us keep growing and growing!
3. We as a team have raised over $11,000 so far for the MS Society.
4. Collin is riding again this year, which makes the event that much more special to ride with him.
5. Mom and dad are coming for the weekend to support the team.
6. I have so much support for this ride. At the finish line will be: Mom and Dad. Shan and Jeff (and kids). Katie (and kids). Josh. My aunt and uncle from NE are also making the drive to be there. And many more friends to welcome us "home."
7. The generosity of family and friends in donating for this ride is overwhelming. I am brought to tears every time someone donates precious money for the cause. THANK YOU donors for contributing.
8. I have brand new tires, which I know doesn't seem very exciting, but it's a big deal in my world.
9. My dad is doing wonderfully, and you'd never know he had MS. He keeps busy and stays more active than most 25 year olds.
10. I am still taking donations, so if you're interested in participating, use this link: Shiloh's page.
The weather is predicted to be perfect this weekend (mid 80s). Pray the wind keeps calm, and continue to pray for team Saddle Soar. Pictures are coming next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment