Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

Josh and I decided to head to the Rockies game the other night (my first one this season). I've grown fond of watching the Rockies play on TV, and there's nothing better than watching the game live. Well, okay, we all know the REAL reason people attend the games: for the nachos!

Before heading to the game, we saw giant thunder clouds looming overhead. I asked Josh to check the weather to make sure we weren't going to get hit with a storm while at the game. Kathy Sabin assured us that the chance of rain in the Denver metro was less than 1 percent. In fact, the screen read as Kathy said, "There is a tiny, tiny chance of rain tonight."

That was enough to assure us (we were dumb to trust Denver weatherpeople). We hopped on the lightrail and got to the game just as it started. Josh got a beer. I got my nachos. We were set.

And then, of course, it was picture time. Josh has a hard time with pictures. We have to take on average about five pictures in order to get ONE good one. So we started snapping away.


Picture 1-

not too bad (notice the dark clouds in the background?) Picture 2-

Still not bad but Josh is mid sentence (he must not have realized it was about to snap)

Picture 3-

Great picture of Josh and me...

except the stupid neon sign behind us flashed red the moment I took the picture. Darn TSA!

Picture 4-

Josh is talking AGAIN

Picture 5-

I think this one is a keeper!

As we were snapping pictures 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 it started to sprinkle. We weren't mad at Kathy Sabin yet. I mean, a few sprinkles aren't bad. In fact, they were refreshing after sitting in the heat for several hours.


And then sprinkles turned into rain. Hard, hard rain. Now we were pretty upset with Kathy. We continued to wait it out. Until, the game was called for a rain delay. The players ran off the field. The workers covered the field with a tarp. And lightening about killed us all.


Harder rain.

More anger at Kathy.

Near death experience.


So we ran, along with 50,000 other people to the cover of the stadium.

And we waited for the rain to stop.

And grew angrier and angrier at Kathy.

And then, to pass the time, I snapped more pictures!


This one is great, except it's blurry. He's getting better at the picture taking.


Another good one! My turn!

And then it wasn't fun anymore. Thirty minutes had passed. We were still mad at Kathy, and the rain was still coming down. There was no break in the rain, so my assertive boyfriend decided to take matters into his own hands.


He asked a concession stand worker for two trash bags. And we made our own rain coats!

And we walked to the lightrail station and stayed pretty dry.

That's the last time we listen to Kathy.

I'm tuning in to Mike Nelson next time!

No comments: