Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You Be the Judge

Kye came running into the kitchen yesterday with red dripping from his fingers. "Shiwoh, I need to wash my hands."

I was at Collin's place for the day helping him pack, so the kitchen was a disaster. Boxes were scattered everywhere, and there was barely a place to walk. However, seeing what I thought was blood, I quickly ran to Kye's attention.

"Kye, what happened? Why are you bleeding?"

"It's paint."

"Oh, OK, good. Here, wash it off."

He washed his hands and went back to work. I didn't give it a second thought and continued packing dishes.

An hour later, Collin yelled through the house, "Who was playing with red paint?!?!?!?"

"Kye was playing with paint earlier and I helped him wash his hands."

"Kyyyyyylllllllllleeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr."

"Yes, daddy?"

"Why did you paint the cat red? And why did you paint Kaedan's face?" Collin turned the neighbor boy's face to show a red stripe running down his chin.

"It wasn't me, daddy. It was Gracie (the little neighbor girl)."

Hmmmm. Kye or Gracie?

You be the judge.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Kye would never do such a thing! I can't believe you would even suggest it.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny!! Maybe that is why Emmy is always nervous around Kye! I am still laughing.