My friend, Alicia, sells Premier Jewelry, and she asked me to host a show for her. Of course! Anything to help a friend.
We planned it for the night after my birthday, which was perfect. I was able to see some of my favorite people, eat some good food, drink some Rum punch, and look through beautiful jewelry. It was a great night.
Alicia placed the order for the party two days later and told me the jewelry would arrive within a few days. On Saturday morning, she texted me and said my order was set to arrive that afternoon via FedEx and to keep an eye out for the box. I happened to be at Shannon's house that day, so I didn't get home until about 7 p.m. that evening. I promptly went to the outside door to pick up my box. Nothing was there. I didn't think much about it. I figured my order had been delayed and would arrive on Monday.
Monday came and went without a package delivery. Tuesday came and went without a package delivery. By Wednesday, I was concerned. I texted Alicia and asked her when my package was supposed to be delivered. She checked the status through FedEx, and it stated that the package had been delivered at noon on Saturday. I then realized that FedEx had probably taken it to my apartment office, rather than drop it at my door.
I went to the office, but no, they did not have a package for me, either. By this point, both Alicia and I were concerned. Someone had stolen my package!
On Thursday, Alicia called her company to file a report. Premier called FedEx and filed a report with them. Then Premier called me to get an official statement. The lady told me that there was over $450 worth of jewelry and I needed to file a police report because someone had obviously stolen the box. Somewhere between noon on Saturday and 7 p.m. that same day, the box had gone missing. She also said they had to give FedEx two days to investigate their driver to confirm package delivery.
I went back to my apartment office to let the manager know what was going on. He stated that FedEx is required to bring ALL packages to the office if someone does not answer the door. He was furious and said this might change the way he does business with FedEx. There was no evidence that FedEx had even been on the property that day. I next filed a police report, which I've never done. It's pretty much a waste of time, FYI, and it even states that it will not be investigated but will go directly into a file. But I did it because I was told to do it.
The weird thing is, though, is that no one except my one neighbor uses the back door into my building. I have never seen a soul by the back door (I don't even use it). My neighbors only use it because they have a dog and use that entrance to go to the back grassy area. So the thing is, either my neighbors stole the box (and I honestly don't think they did), or FedEx never delivered the package (which I am prone to believe this one).
Nonetheless, I can't help but suspect my neighbors. Who else would have taken it? For over a week now I have checked the back door in hopes that my package would magically appear. It hasn't. However, Premier Jewelry is a fabulous company who re-sent the entire order (for free). We had the new package delivered to Shannon's house this time, and Shan just texted to let me know it has arrived. I'm excited to hand out all the stuff to my friends, but I am left with a little less trust for my neighbors and FedEx.
1 comment:
moral of this story... always use ups!
Post a Comment