As Josh and I pulled up to his house, Josh realized a car had been following us and was pulling up behind us. It was dark, and all he could see was the lights shining brightly into our mirrors.
I did not realized we had been followed, so I started to open my door to get out. Josh warned me to stay in the car.
He then realized that someone was walking up to his window. I was trying to see the car behind us and thought I saw cop lights on top. Josh also thought he saw lights.
A man appeared at Josh's door, and then there was a man at my door with a flashlight shining into the car.
Josh rolled down his window. "Officer, good evening. Am I being pulled over?" The reason he asked was because the officer's lights weren't flashing.
"Well, not exactly. But we do need to take a look at the front of your car. Did you hit and run someone about ten minutes ago?"
"No, sir. We just went to the gas station to get a drink, but we didn't hit anyone."
The officer said he needed to take a look for himself. Both he and the officer at my door went to the front of Josh's truck to take a look for any damage. There was nothing, and they were satisfied.
"Sorry for the troubles. Someone reported a truck with your description hitting a car about ten minutes ago and then driving away. It happened on 8th Avenue driving north, which is where we spotted you. We just had to make sure it wasn't you. Thanks for your time."
Josh and I went inside, relieved that it was just a misunderstanding.
1 comment:
That's a little scary!
Post a Comment