Have you ever had a crappy day? Sure.
Have you ever received good news on a crappy day that puts things in perspective?
I did this week. Things have been stressful at work, and I have 150 essays sitting on my desk. They have been there for about four weeks. Still haven't touched them. That's how I will be spending my Thanksgiving break. Grading. Oh joy.
But I was stressing at work on Tuesday when I received this text from April, my best friend: "I'm at the docs now....officially five years since I finished chemo. Hoping I'll hear today that all of my docs have declared me to be in remission!"
My heart skipped a beat. We have all been waiting for this moment.
About thirty minutes later: "My doctor said by all standards I am now considered in remission! I do not have to have any more scans. I just have to be aware of signs if it were to come back. She said that they don't believe it will come back. That this is a true miracle. I will see her once a year for check ups. I'm so ecstatic! I have been so blessed! Thanks to you for your encouragement and prayers along the way! It's time to celebrate!"
Tears filled my eyes. April is in remission.
You can read her original story here.
You can also check out my friend, Katie's, story about April (and some pictures).
Praise God. April is in remission!
4 comments:
Praise God is right!
That's awesome!
She has such an amazing story! I am so happy for her. And praise the Lord!
HOORAY!!
Post a Comment