I blame it all on Josh. And the whole dating gig.
And food, of course.
It's all so good. Pizza, my favorite. Cookies to impress. Four course meals when I would normally eat just one course. Fancy desserts.
Josh and dating and food made me gain weight.
So three week ago, I marched my fat but into Weight Watchers and did what I had been dreading to do throughout the Christmas holidays. I got an official weight, and started my weight lost journey AGAIN.
Josh and I had a long discussion: No more buffets (his favorite-mine, not so much, so I was happy to set this rule in place). No more desserts but once in a while. No more large meals. No more going out to eat five times a weekend (we only did that while at his place since he doesn't cook). Fruits and veggies with every meal. Working out is a must. And we're going to have to start sharing meals when we go out to eat.
I don't like sharing meals with other people.
I like my food to myself.
I like my large plate of food for myself.
Other than the working out part (I hate it so much), I have upheld my end of the deal. In fact, I have lost 10 pounds in three weeks since going back to WW. My jeans already are getting loose, and I can tell my stomach is shrinking.
Josh has also upheld his part of the deal, including running at least four times a week (props to him). We have been fruit and veggie machines, and Josh can tell his jeans are fitting better, too. Together, we're shrinking! Probably less of both of us is a good thing :)
The sharing of the meals has been hard for me. Every Friday night when I'm in Greeley, we have a date night at Roma's, which is a delicious pizza, calzone, and pasta restaurant. So goooooood. It's my favorite place, by far, to eat in Greeley. We have our own booth, the same waiter every week, and we order the same thing.
He orders a calzone with pepperoni and pineapple. I order a calzone with pepperoni and jalapenos. The calzones are huge, and loaded with so much cheese and pepperoni.
With a side of ranch, please, for dipping.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Josh would eat his entire calzone, and then stare as I ate mine. I would eat 3/4 of mine, and then give him the rest. I'd be stuffed. Josh would be stuffed. And we'd be so happy when we left.
The last time we went, we had to share, per the rule.
One pepperoni calzone please (I don't like pineapple in my pizza, and he doesn't like jalapenos). He turned to me for my order. We're sharing, I forcefully said.
Fifteen minutes later, our one calzone entered the table. It looked so sad sitting there alone. I almost reached out to our waiter to order another one, but I held back.
This is good for us, I thought, as I cut the calzone evenly in two (no need for Josh to get a bigger half).
Josh ate his half. I ate my half.
At the end of the meal, we were both satisfied. Not stuffed. Not hungry. But satisfied.
Don't get me wrong, we both would have continued to stuff our face had the other half to our calzone been sitting there, but at the end of the night, we both were happy with our half and not rolling out of the restaurant stuffed.
So our weight battle continues. Josh continues to run so he can eat a little bit more during the day. I continue to be lazy, so I have to carefully watch my daily points and save my extra weekly points for the weekends we're together (so that I can continue to enjoy the half calzones and other snacks we might pick up along the way).
I realize, sadly, that this isn't just a year long battle, but a lifetime battle. I will always love food. I will always have to count my intake. I will always only get to eat half a calzone.
Someday, though, I will be fabulously skinny. Mark my words!
3 comments:
Good for you! You can do it.
Keep up the great work! 10 lbs in 3 weeks is AWESOME!
Nice work Shiloh! So proud of those changes. Dating and weightloss are SOOOOO hard for those very reasons!
Can you believe we have to think about MS bike ride training soon? YIKES!!
Post a Comment