It's Eating Disorders Awareness week in Colorado, and our school (or specifically a student) made sure that Chatfield was involved. A former student of mine had/has an eating disorder, and she wanted to share her story to the school, so she set up an assembly yesterday for the entire school to hear if they so chose.
I took my class because I wanted to hear M speak. M shared her story of binging and then purging on a daily basis.
A boy in the audience raised his hand. "What is binging?"
"It's eating a whole bunch of food very quickly. Like, too much food very quickly. For example, I would sometimes go to Chipotle and eat three burritos."
(If you don't know Chipotle, just note that they are the biggest burritos found anyplace. Eating one is a challenge, even for a guy, but eating three is unheard of).
The boy raised his hand again. "What's wrong with eating three Chipotle burritos?" He was dead serious.
The place roared in laughter, and he couldn't figure out why everyone was laughing.
1 comment:
KIDS!!!!
Post a Comment