Happy Mother's Day.
To my mother, the best around. I couldn't have been given a better mother. She is involved, she is present, she is amazing. She is a pretty darn good cook, she has the best yard in town, and her style is amazing. She attended every musical I was in in High School, every choir concert, everything. Even now, they drive to Denver to watch my LAX games. They have been at every Finish line for the MS ride and at nearly every single stop along the way. She spoils us children, and I am pretty darn lucky to have such a fabulous mother. She has been the rock to my father as he fights MS, and she has remained positive even through her own illnesses. You have been a great example to me of what a marriage should look like, which is evident of 39 years of marriage. I am honored to have you as a mother. I love you, mom!
To my grandmother, the funniest grandma I know. You are wise, but above all, you love grandpa unconditionally. You are the perfect example of what love is, which shows through your 65 + years of marriage. I love receiving letters from you in the mail, and I love our phone conversations. You always know how to make me (and my friends) laugh. I wish everyone had the opportunity to know you. You always have a smile on your face and positive word to share. You have been blessed with much, and in return, you have given much. I am honored to have you as a grandmother. I love you, grandma!
To my sister, the calmest mother. You are gentle, patient, and lead by example. Your kids adore you, and their gentle ways are examples of your love toward them. I rarely see you frazzled, and when you are you hide it perfectly. You are fun and involved, and I love that you are always thinking of fun things to do with the kids. You have given much to stay home with them, but in return, Siahna has bloomed and grown. Case has perfect manners, which is because of your example. I am honored to have you as a sister. I love you, Shan!
To my sister-in-law, the best dressed. You have the perfect style, which is reflected in Corinne. I am so glad you finally got your little girl to primp and style. Even though Corinne may have a bit of a tomboy in her, she is the stylish tomboy I know. Your children adore you, and all three of them exude your confidence and humor. You are energetic and not afraid to try new things, and you are a fun person to have around. A party isn't a party without Kate! Your cooking is amazing, and you always have the perfect theme to match any get together. You have been the perfect addition to our family and have brought three wonderful children into this world. I am honored to have you as a sister. I love you, Kate!
Of course, there are many, many other mothers in my life, but these four are my examples. Without these four mothers, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have three nephews and two nieces to love and spoil. I am blessed to have such amazing mothers directly in my life.
5 comments:
Brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. Thanks.
This is fan-freakin-tastic, Shi. What a great tribute to these four ladies.
This made me cry - what a sweet post!!
I agree!!!!! I dearly love the four ladies,too!!! Praise the LORD for each of them!!!! Christy
Love!
Post a Comment