Josh and I started dating two years ago today. Two years of long-distance dating. It has been hard, but we have made it work and we are happier now than ever before. Things are going well, and we are both anxious for him to finish school so we can finally live in the same town.
Josh told me today, "Yes, I am happy, and yes you make me happy. Two years ago today I falled in love with you." (Rather than editing his words, I want to point out that Josh is very aware that FALLED in love is not the correct way to speak. He does that to make me laugh (and it does!). He's always being silly like that).
Last night, we were remembering how we met. His version is a bit different than mine.
My version: I was at The Grizzley Rose with Kari and a few other friends. I had noticed Josh all night, partly because I thought he was cute and partly because he was one of the few young men out on the dance floor. I could see he knew how to dance, which caught my attention. We made eye contact a few times, but nothing came of it. Near the end of the night, he came up to me and said, "You should go out there and dance. You look like you want to dance." I said, "Ok," and grabbed his hand so he could lead me to the floor. We danced a few times, I tried to get him to line dance, we talked, he asked for my number, I gave him my number, I told him I had to leave. We said good night. The very next day, Josh called and left me a message. I still have it saved. It said, "Hey there, young lady, this is Josh, the gentleman who tried wooing you on the dance floor last night." I didn't call him back until the next evening, and he was surprised to hear from me. We set up our first official date for the following Saturday.
His version: He noticed me standing with my friends because I was wearing a green dress, and he thought I was very pretty. As he danced that night, he couldn't help but notice me every time he went around the floor. He said I looked eager to dance. He finally got enough courage to come talk to me. He said, "You should go out there and dance. You look like you want to dance." He was not asking me to dance, he later told me. He thought I would say NO, so his intention was not to ask me to dance but to tell me to go dance with someone. (I still give him a hard time about this). He was shocked when I grabbed his hand and said OK. While we danced, I asked him two questions he said a girl should never ask on a first meeting. I asked him if he was a Republican or a Democrat (why? I don't know) and I asked him if he had a DUI (again, why? I don't know). It must have flowed with the conversation! He said he never lined danced, but since I asked him to try, he decided to do it so he could be by my side. After we said our goodbyes, he said he came looking for me (I had already left with my friends, as I told him I was). He said he searched the bar for over 10 minutes trying to find me, and much to his disappointment, he figured out I really had left. He told me last night, "I fell in love with you that first night we met. And the fact that you disappeared with your friends made you even more appealing to me." After he called me on Sunday and I never called back, he figured I wasn't going to call. He was excited and shocked when I called him back the following night.
That's how our love story began. We talked every day that week, and we went out the following Saturday for our first official date. He brought me a rose (his mom picked it out for him), and he dressed like Zac Brown so I would think he was cute. He watched the Husker game with me that night, and then we danced at the Grizzley Rose to end the night.
Two years later, here we are :)
1 comment:
ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing with us!
Post a Comment