Thursday, May 9, 2013

Playing Hooky

Last week, Liz and I took Friday off, and Josh skipped his classes and made it into Littleton around 11 a.m. Josh and I had a quick lunch, hit a few garage sales, and then we went to Liz's house. The new light rail had just opened by her house, so we hopped on it and took it to downtown Denver.

We had a purpose for our day of playing hooky.

Baseball.

And not just any baseball.

Chatfield Chargers baseball at Coors Field!

Our Varsity boys baseball team was playing a game of a lifetime (for most of them) at the Rockies field, and Liz, Josh, and I wanted to support this cool event (and any excuse to take off a day of work is perfectly fine by us).

Our boys won, the weather was PERFECT (70 degrees with a slight breeze), and the three of us had a blast.

After the game, we went with an AP, a secretary, two of the baseball coaches, and a couple of teachers to grab a beer across the street from Coors Field. After a couple of hours there, Liz, Josh, and I headed back to Liz's area where we had dinner.








 Doing the Running Man


This little day of fun got us super excited for this summer. 

No comments: