Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Duct Tape and Zombies

My students had to write a letter to me about what they carry on a daily basis (based on the book They Things They Carried). Most were pretty serious letters about carrying stress and sadness, etc. I have had many students lose loved ones, so I got letters about the weight of death they carry. Some carry motivation to do well in everything he/she tries. Others carry fear of failure. 

One boy, however, just wrote, "I carry a roll of duct tape. It's important to have in case of a sudden zombie outbreak and if the backpack, which carries all my food, rips, then I can use the duct tape to fix the bag. What's why I carry duct tape."

I can't stop laughing.

It's a good point, one in which Josh would appreciate (not that he believes in Zombies, but Josh firmly believes in a good roll of duct tape). 

No comments: