At the end of every lacrosse practice, Coach Everett pulls the girls into a large group and gives them a speech. Yesterday was no exception, and I found myself in the back of the group.
Coach Everett began his speech, and I found myself looking at my engagement ring. The lights were hitting it just right, and it was sparkling. I was staring at my ring, thinking how beautiful it is and how much I love it. I was thinking that Josh did such a wonderful job picking it out on his own. I was thinking about our upcoming wedding day. I was thinking how wonderfully sparkly it was as the lights hit it.
"Coach Nichols, anything to add?"
A girl nudged me and said, "Coach Nichols, Everett is talking to you."
I glanced up, and the entire group of 46 girls was looking at me.
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. What did you say?"
"Do you have anything to add to what I just said?"
(I have no idea what Coach Everett said).
"Nope, I'm good. You said it well. Good job, girls."
I whispered to the girl who had nudged me, "I have no idea what he said. I was admiring my ring."
No comments:
Post a Comment