Josh and I were able to gather a few people to help us move this past weekend. My parents arrived, his parents arrived, my sister arrived with Jeff and kids, and Josh's best friend and best man arrived, along with his girlfriend. (We so appreciate the help! Thank you to everyone who helped us move in just a few hours).
I stopped at Panera to get bagels for the crew, so when Josh woke up Saturday morning, he headed straight for breakfast. He chose a blueberry bagel, found cream cheese in the fridge, and proceeded to eat breakfast while I got ready for the day.
A few bites into Josh's bagel, he started to inspect it. He said to me, "Are you sure this is blueberry? It's spicy."
I looked at him like he was a complete goof ball. "Of course that's blueberry, and it is not spicy. Why in the world would the bagel be spicy?"
"I don't know, but I swear it's spicy. It tastes like jalapenos. Seriously, taste it."
"Josh, the only reason it might be spicy is because it was sitting by an everything bagel or something. I promise, it's all in your head. It's a blueberry bagel, so just eat it."
He took another bite. "I swear this tastes like jalapenos."
And then it hit me. I have jalapeno cream cheese in my fridge (man, I just love jalapenos so much!). He had smeared jalapeno cream cheese on his blueberry bagel, which explained why it was spicy.
"Who in the world buy jalapeno cream cheese? Why do they even make such a thing?"
I was cracking up. He wasn't too amused. I threw his bagel away and made him a new one with regular cream cheese. I also suggested to him he read labels before using anything in my fridge, as there's bound to be spice in almost everything I eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment