It's so good to be home. As of this upcoming February, I will have been in Denver for five years. Oh how time flies. When I first moved to Denver, I was going home almost every month. It wasn't because I hated Denver but it was because some of my best friends lived in Kearney. As the years have gone by, life has gotten busy, gas has gotten expensive and time has gotten short. I have only been home to NE about four times this year, so it's good to be able to spend a week at home with those I love. Sadly, Collin, Katie, Carson, Kye and unborn baby are not here with us this year. Katie is having unborn baby girl in six days, and they didn't want to risk being so far away from the hospital. We miss our bro, sis-in-law and little boys, but we will celebrate Christmas with them in just a few short days.
Shan and I started our week long trip to NE in North Platte with my mom's side of the family. We had a good time at Aunt Janelle's house, and we got to spend some time with my cousin's whom we don't see very often. They had a little boy two days before Case was born, and this was the first time we had meet him. Case and Aiden had so much fun playing together.


My Aunt Janelle, my mom's sister.
My Aunt Lisa, my mom's youngest sister.
From left to right, back row then front row:
Shannon, Janelle, Sally, Lisa, Me
Briana, Grandma Van, Kaela.
------------------------------------------------------
I've been spending time with April since I arrived in Kearney. She's doing great, and she's now been cancer free for about ten months. Her hair has grown back fast, and she looks great. We're having our girls' Christmas in a few days, so I'll post pictures of us. Last night, I went to our favorite bar, Cunningham's, to spend some time with some old high school friends. It was great to see some dear friends like Bill, Mike, Chase, Ben, Adam, Jarvis, and Katie, but I was also able to see high school classmates that I haven't seen in almost ten years.
Katie and I were lucky enough to be the only girls. We had a blast with the guys.

Mike can never take a serious picture.
Back in high school, I spent most of my time with Bill and Mike. They are great guys! Katie is now part of the gang.
Bill also has a hard time taking a serious picture. This is try three...
I'm a total butt girl, and Bill has a nice butt!
It's a Jarvis sandwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment