Thursday, February 26, 2009

Loves Of My Life

I spent the afternoon in Loveland yesterday. Katie went back to work this week, so Collin is learning to adjust to having three little ones under his care at all times. I thought it would be fun to take a day trip to see the munchkins, and I couldn't go without Case! He LOVES his cousins, so I pulled Case out of daycare at 11:30 and off we went up North.

I took my bike with me. It was such a nice day, and Collin wanted to go for a ride, so I attached a burley to my bike, and Collin attached a burley to his bike. I pulled Case behind me. Collin had Kye in a seat attached to the bike and Carson and Corinne in the burely. It's crazy how much harder it is to ride with that much extra weight, and I gotta give props to Collin for pulling an extra 60+ pounds behind him. I probably only had about 30+ extra pounds on my bike. And Collin still kicked my butt!
I asked Carson why Kye got to sit in the seat attached to the bike and Carson had to ride with Corinne. To which he replied, "Well, when Corinne starts to cry, I'm the only one who knows how to put the bottle in her mouth. Kye doesn't know how to do that, so that's why I ride with Corinne. It's definitely not my favorite thing to do, but I guess I have to do it." Yes, people, he used the word definitely. Such a big boy!
We rode to the library to return some books, and then went to the park so the kids could play. Carson and Kye's best friends, Mason and Avery, were at the park, too, so they had double fun playing. We returned home with 12 miles under our belt, a sore bum and hungry tummy's. What's a better snack on a warm day than popsicles?!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Corinne definitely looks like Kye in those pics.

I didn't even know Case knew how to eat a popsicle!