I had a great weekend, but I think I need one more day to recover. I was only at my home for a total of 12 hours this weekend, and that included sleep time.
Friday night I ventured north to Greeley. I picked up Collin and Katie, and we headed to Romo's, a little pizza joint, to meet a dozen of Collin and Katie's friends. Once arriving at Romo's, we discovered that it was going to be an hour before they could seat all 15 of us, so we walked across the street to a Mexican Restaurant to pass the time. As we entered, there was a security guard at the door checking ID's. Every single eye turned toward us, as we were the only white people in the place. The mexican music was blaring so loudly that we couldn't even talk to each other. The guard started to pat down the guys one by one. At first we thought one of the guys looked suspicious, but then we realized that this was standard procedure. Then it was Katie's and my turn. Luckily, the guard only wanded us (rather than a pat down). We had mixed feelings about this process. First, we figured we were pretty safe in there since we knew no one had a weapon. However, we figured something must have happened at home point for them to feel the need to search every single person. We played pool for a bit, and then finally it was time to eat at Romo's. After dinner, we walked across the street to a club to hear a band called Meese. Collin and several friends of his are personal friends with Pat, the lead singer (Collin took pictures for Pat's wedding). Meese also opens for The Fray frequently, so we had a good time.
I spent the night at Katie's parents house. I awoke early the next morning to head back to Denver, where I picked up my friend, Katie, and we headed to Silverthorne to see April. We arrived in Silverthorne around noon (got stuck in traffic on the way up). We had lunch, did some shopping and sat in the hot tub. We had a great time. Katie and I headed back to Denver that evening (got stuck in traffic again coming down). I had a pretty low key night at home that night.
Sunday, I went to church with Shan and Jeff. Then we drove to Thornton to meet my mom, dad, Aunt Jan, Uncle Dallas, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jimbo for lunch. Jan and Dallas are from NE, and they decided to head to Denver to take a look at a camper they were interested in purchasing. They asked my mom and dad if they wanted to tag along, so the four of them drove to Denver early Sunday morning, looked at the camper, met us for lunch, did a little bit of shopping and headed back to NE. What a long day of driving, but it was great to see everyone.
Shan, Jeff, Case and I then headed to Loveland to watch the Super Bowl. Collin and Katie sure know how to throw a Super Bowl party. They had door prizes, food, drinks and dessert. Yummo! We had a great time, and if you haven't heard the news, my Steelers won! Wooo Hooo!! We arrived back to Littleton last night around 10pm, and now it's Monday and I'm back at work.
I have a pretty low key week ahead, so I'm ready to catch up on sleep and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment