Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard of Aught Nine

We sure do have the weather people to thank for this one! They talked this storm up like it was going to be the blizzard of the century. The entire city of Denver shut down before even a snow flake had fallen, including every school district in the city. By noon, almost everyone who had to go to work had been sent home.

Was it the storm of the century as predicted? Not so much! Granted, we did get a lot of snow. It was more snow in one day than we've had all winter, but it wasn't as bad as they predicted. Nonetheless, I got a snow day on Thursday AND Friday. And next week is Spring Break, so here's to an extra long break from those naughty kids!

In true Shi Town form, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few photos. Case and Aunt Dido
The snow drift is taller than Case!

I've already cleaned off most of my car, but there was a lot of snow.
Shan and I just ventured out to the mall because we were bored. The roads haven't really been plowed, BUT it's already warming up outside the a lot of the snow has already melted. It is a BIG, FAT, SLUSHY, WET MESS outside. Wear your rain coat if you head outside, folks, or you'll get wet!

No comments: