Monday, March 30, 2009

Five Fast Ones

I have such a great family, but to be honest, I don't think I really fully appreciated my extended family until I myself became an aunt. I never realized how amazing it is to be an aunt until Carson was born. Then Kye came, then Case, and now my first niece, Corinne. I love those four little munkins with my entire heart, and I am so blessed to be so close to them. It's amazing how time flies, though. Carson turned five this weekend. Wow! I remember the day Collin and Katie told me they were pregnant, and I remember Carson's birth. I was actually in the delivery room for the entire process, so I can honestly say I've known Carson since his very first breath. What an amazing five years that has been, too.

The first 10 days of his life were pretty scary. He was VERY sick when he was born, and he was admitted into the hospital for a 10 day stay while they did everything in their power to make sick little Carson whole again. When he was finally released from the hospital, he had to be on oxygen, so Collin and Katie had to carry a little oxygen tank with them. We weren't sure if this little guy was going to be ok or not.

Carson's 1st Birthday

Carson's 2nd Birthday

Carson's 3rd Birthday

Carson's 4th Birthday

Carson's 5th Birthday

Is it just me, or is this little guy such a cutie??? Those eyes are amazing. Here are some more pictures from Carson's pool party this weekend.


All the little ones have something in their mouth...

Grandpa Doug and Case

Baby Corinne's first time swimming. We Huskers do NOT approve of her Badger swimming suit.

1 comment: